CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 10, 2010

A well deserved update

I don't usually like to blog unless I have photos available to share, but since I don't have any new photos I'm just going to word blog.

We moved. (Duh). Right now Danny and I live in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home on .24 acres of land with two dogs and zero children. I work at American Eagle Outfitters, and Danny still works for the Air Force, SURPRISE! I bet you didn't see that one coming!

Danny works for a small detachment on Fort Knox, called the Det 1 10th ASOS. Don't ask me what that all means, I won't be able to tell you. He is a radio maintainer and is supposed to work with equipment in Hummers but they don't have the equipment for him to work on so he doesn't really do his assigned job. Danny works with TACP (Tactical Air Control Party Apprentice) and gets to go out in the "field" all the time to do training and crazy stuff with guns and explosives and all those fun things all the time. This entails long hours and many many TDY (Temporary Duty Yonder)'s. In addition to all that, Danny is now a COLLEGE STUDENT!! He is working on a degree in... something to do with computers. (forgive me, honey...)
Danny is in the process of applying to change career fields. He has applied to be a PJ (Pararescue man, I don't know where the J came from.) He wants to jump out of airplanes, make more money, and save lives. I know that if this is the right path for us, the Lord will push the application through to approval.


I work in a retail store called American Eagle. Although it's not nearly as rewarding as working in the school system, and less than half the pay, I enjoy the social interaction that I get from working there, and have made some great friends while working there. After July 2010, Danny will have been in service for 6 years and I will be allowed to use his GI bill, and will be able to afford to go back to school (WAAAAAHOOOO!!!) and finish my bachelors degree. I only have about 2 years left! YAY! Go Me!


On another note, we got a puppy, and she is named Naia! She is a giant Schnauzer, about 12 weeks old and already bigger than Atreus. She is a demon, devil dog... to say the least. She loves to play and is too much for us to handle sometimes. But we still love her and cannot wait until she calms down a little bit and learns how to potty outside and not inside. And I will love her more when she stops eating all my beautiful shoes. :)


On the fertility side of things, we are in the process of hurrying up to wait for ART (assisted reproductive technology). With Danny's crazy schedule and a Doctor that doesn't actually work in the Hospital, it's been quite a windy road to getting any appointments. We finally qualified for IUI (google it if you don't know what it is, I don't want to explain it here) and were supposed to start that in June, but are going to have to wait until July because Danny will be.. guess ... TDY in June! 


Either way we are blessed, and happy to have what we do have in our lives, and excited to have our dogs to keep us busy. We love each other enough to just lean on one another for now.

Faith in the Lord, and Faith in His timing.

1 comment:

SpRiNgEr AdVeNtUrEs said...

Vanessa, you are amazing! I love reading your blog :D I hope all your hopes and dreams come true. One day you will be blessed with a beautiful child (or children). He/she will be absolutely beautiful, and raised by great parents! I hope you're having a great time in Kansas.