CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wisdom Teeth

Last Friday, I had my wisdom teeth taken out. This is what I looked like immediately following the surgery! Not bad, though i don't remember Danny taking this photo NOR do I remember how I got home and in bed!
Immediately following surgery, I felt great! I had no pain, I was happy, and sleepy. We watched FRIENDS for a while, while I zoned in and out of consciousness. Every few hours, Danny would give me another percocet or motrin, and I would take a sip of whatever (can't even remember now) and slip back into a sleep.

At around 3:30 am I woke up feeling horribly nauseated. After three bouts of nausea and "sickness" Danny took me to the ER to get some fluids. The doctor for some reason didn't want to put an IV in, so he made me drink horrible tasting hospital tap water which made me run for the bathroom but I didn't throw up, they gave me some sort of evil anti-vommiting meds which make me feel like I will but prevent it from happening, which I think is probably a worse feeling.
Come to find they think I have an allergic reaction to percocet, so they prescribe Vicodin (stupid, it's the same family as percocet). after returning home and taking the vicodin, i vomit even more! Oh dear. I stopped taking the pain killers they gave me and stuck to Tylenol, which only helps so much. The sickness continued for several more days! Luckily, Thursday rolled around and since then (which is only yesterday) I haven't been sick, just in mouth pain. I miss solid foods.
Anyway here is a photo of two of the teeth that came out. i am guessing they were the top teeth, since the bottom ones were impacted, and the other "teeth" I got were just broken pieces of tooth. Check out how big these suckers are! No wonder I'm in pain.

1 comment:

KeLSie ORdonEz said...

I'm sorry you feel so crappy. I hope you are feeling much better though! I am taking meds, too, that make me so I don't throw up...they are a love/hate thing for me, lol. Oh and I LOVE the house you are trying to get!!! It is gorgeous. I love how green it looks and the idea of a forest in front of it....sounds so awesome...