CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools

I hate April Fools Day. Let me tell you why.


Danny is a funny guy. He really is, probably, one of the funniest guys I know. He loves a good joke, to make himself and other people laugh. And I love that about him. But sometimes... he takes it too far and makes me cry in the meantime.


Well usually he forgets about April Fools Day until later in the month. One year, in April, he told me he wanted a divorce, followed quickly (but not quick enough) by an "APRIL FOOLS!" and starts busting up laughing. I'm sorry, but divorce is not a joke, and not something that I believe in anyway. You get married, you're stuck! So marry the right person the FIRST time!


One year had something to do with one of our friends cars breaking down, which it did, but they exaggerated big time. Danny calls me and tells me our friend's car broke down on the 23 fwy right near the bridge. It started making a funny noise, and Danny, stopped in his car several hundred feet away, saw Chris RUNING away from his car and towards Danny's, and soon the car erupted in a firey blaze, sending Chris flying. He says he's on his way to see Chris at the hospital... and as I'm trying to get details and directions to this "hospital" (which doesn't exist, by the way, he made a hospital name up... but me being in frantics didn't realize this) his phone "loses service" and cuts out. I panic, and start looking for a phone book to find this hospital, when I get a phone call back filled with laughter and an "APRIL FOOLS!" I tell him countless times over countless years that April Fools Day is on the 1st of April, not the entire month.



Anyway this year may have been the worst yet.


It's 5pm on Wednesday. I'm expecting Danny home any minute, so I take the dog out side, sit on the stairs, and wait for him to arrive. Here comes his car, YAY! Leaving his engine running, he hops out of the car, bolts up the stairs, and the door is closed before I even have a chance to stand up. (either he's really fast or I'm really slow, or possibly a combination of the two)


I go inside, find him in the office and I ask, "what the heck are you doing?"


"I'm leaving" he says as he pulls out his pelican cases, throws them open, and pulls out his deployment bags.


"WHAT? You're leaving? Now? Right now? Where? when? how long?"


Meanwhile he's throwing things into his backpack like crazy. Shirts, bdus, the works.


He tells me he has no answers, as he doesn't know yet. He says, "when it's real world stuff going on baby, we just don't know until we get there."

and he hugged and kissed me and said good bye, ran downstairs and threw his bags into his car.


Needless to say I was in hysterics. Laying on the floor crying, my dog lay by my side. I picked myself off and took some deep breaths, to calm down. Well about 20 minutes or so later, the door swings open, and here he comes, laughing and smiling as usual, yelling "APRIL FOOLS!"


Of course still being in panic from before, I sob my eyes out some more and tell him how angry I am, he brought me icecream to "fix it" but I wasn't in the mood for sweet treats. Grrrrrrrr. What a mean joke.


At least he did it on April Fools Day this year.



On a lighter note....


I cut my own hair today. After dropping nearly $3000 on plane tickets to be able to make it to my sister's and Danny's sister's weddings, we are striving to save money, so I decided to save myself $20 and trim my own hair. I figured if I messed it up too badly I'd just go in and spend the $20 anyway. Turned out pretty well. Now I just need my hair to grow super fast so I can cut out the artificial blonde that is in there from when I covered up my artificial brunette from last summer...


Oh and I took my own head shots after trimming my hair. Hooray for self sufficiency!

3 comments:

Delene said...

How mean!! I would have killed him.
You'll appreciate it later in life.

Dahle Family said...

Danny, that is not funny at all. I would have reacted the same way. You have to find a way to get him back

ccccmcrosby said...

danny - you are the devil.